Sunday, April 23, 2023

Zelda 2: Paracosm


 I grew up playing and loving Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link even more than the original Zelda on NES.  Somehow, it resonated with me from a very young age.  It has such a dangerous sense of dreamlike adventure that kept me wanting to tiptoe further and further from the start; and the visuals, music, and enemy design all contribute to the experience.

I thought it would be cool to design a romhack that really leans into the aspects I've always loved.  So off-and-on over the past couple of years, I've been working on Zelda 2: Paracosm.  It features a new Overworld, new Palaces and Towns, and lots of custom graphics.  It's mostly finished, aside from a custom soundtrack being written and implemented by Xarnax42 from the Zelda 2 Discord community.  I will likely also implement a few other changes before "officially" releasing it.  Until then, I'd still like anyone interested to be able to play it.  I may even throw together some cartridge/box art or even a game manual if I'm feeling inspired!

You can download it here: 

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/8269/

Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment