Sunday, February 14, 2021

Mega Man Maker - Broomvania




Lately I've been getting into Mega Man Maker.  And it's just about everything I could ever want in a homebrew Maker game.  You can use assets from across the entire classic series, even some that weren't originally on the NES!

Anyway, the potential size of a level can be huge.  So naturally, I used it to make an entire open-world adventure using a single "level."  It's very much non-linear and has plenty of optional areas to explore.  There are even multiple optional weapons and boss fights.  I'm pretty happy with it, though I think I want to make a "Mk2" version, implementing various new ideas and fixing the few minor design mistakes.

The video above is my own playthrough.  Since uploading it, I've even made a world map for it in MS Paint.  Lol.  It was really fun to make, and it's fun for me to see the game in its entirety.  

SPOILER ALERT:



No comments:

Post a Comment